The Crank Shear is placed between the Roughing train & the Intermediate train.
To cut front/back end & Cobble cutting of the square at a temperature of 900 deg C and above.
- The casing is prestressed to prevent seperating of casing parting surfaces on load during the
milli seconds when the cut is executed.
- The cutter ends protrude, so as to have increased blade grinding margin.
- We provide two nos. Flywheels with mechanical clutch. The additional flywheel has to be engaged
for cutting heavier section. The flywheel inertia augments the power available for cutting from
constant torque motor.
- The casing front face is water cooled to avoid distortion with heating from moving rolled
- The gears are case carburised hardened & ground designed for minimum back lash. Again the gears
and knife holders are designed for required intertia.
The square shaped cobble cutting is saleable material to be rolled in scrap rolling mills.